How to Choose & Adjust Your Fundraiser Goal Amount
If you need some assistance to select the right fundraiser goal amount, don’t worry! We’re here to help.
Let’s start with some things to keep in mind as you begin…
What to Know Before Selecting Your Fundraiser Goal Amount
- You can change your goal amount after it’s set.
- You do NOT have to hit this target before you’re able to withdraw funds.
- We work with Stripe to ensure a safe and efficient transaction process. Stripe requires a small transaction fee of 2.9% + $0.30 on each donation.
Choosing Your Goal Amount
Due to the fact that our payment processing partner requires a small transaction fee on each donation, we recommend slightly raising your preliminary goal amount (by approximately 3-4%).
Let’s say you’re raising money for a veterinarian bill of $1,000.Without adding 3-4% to your goal, you may receive 10 donations of $100. If you receive 10 donations of $100, each would yield $96.8 after fees. That would provide a total of $968, falling short of your true goal of $1,000.
By adding 4% to your preliminary amount, seeking a goal total of $1,040, you can cover the transaction fees.
10 payments of $104 would each yield $100.68 after fees. That would provide a total of $1,006.80, hitting your true goal of $1,000.
Changing the Goal Amount
It’s simple to change your fundraiser goal amount.
- Navigate to your fundraiser page.
- Select “Manage”
- Select “Edit”
- Change your goal amount and select “Save”