How to Keep Your Account Secure
The security of your information is our top priority. We’ve dedicated a great deal of resources and integrated a number of tools for this very purpose.Still, you play your own role in your account security.
So, we created this article as a guide to help you keep your account secure…
Choose a Strong and Unique Password
The password is your first and best defense against vulnerability. And there are a few proven ways to make your password a powerful one.
- Do NOT include personal information as part of your password. This includes birthdays, family names, and similar terms.
- Use letters, numbers, and a special symbol ($, #, @, etc.). This is proven to strongly decrease the likelihood of a breach.
- Make a password just for Give A Hand. In the unfortunate event that someone discovers your password for another platform, you don’t want it to match your Give A Hand password.
Look Out for Phishing Emails
Phishing is when a stranger sends you an email impersonating Give A Hand or a Give A Hand employee. They will most likely be seeking personal information that they can then use for their own gain.So, before responding to any email from Go Fund Me, make sure it’s from an @giveahand.com address.
If the email you receive is asking for sensitive personal details, it’s highly likely the email is NOT from Give A Hand.
If you suspect the email may be from an impersonator, please visit our website and contact support.
Get In Touch If You Notice Changes to Your Account
If you discover that information about your account has been changed without you having made that change, please execute two actions:
- Immediately change your password.
- Contact Give A Hand support.
These changes may be to your name, email address, phone number, bank account information, and more within your Give A Hand account.
Please note that we take the security and protection of our users very seriously. If you need to discuss the security of your account for any reason, please feel encouraged to contact our support team.